Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Awesome Math Assessment

I really loved using this self-grading test.  During my graduate class last weekend, we discussed retention and how we should periodically assess students understanding of previously taught material.  So I used this GoogleDocs self-graded test to assess my enriched students' retention of all marking period 1 material.  The students took the test today (in about 25 minutes) and I got immediate feedback from a 20 question test.  The students were able to see their score immediately.  I also had time to view the summary with the whole class and reteach questions that many students got wrong.  This is a great tool, especially for math!  This test not only identified students who continued to struggle on previous content, but gave me valuable feedback on the types of questions and content that my students were struggling on.  It provides more feedback then I get from a traditional paper and pencil test and it was immediate.  This is such a useful tool for assessment and I plan to incorporate it as often as possible.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/a/eisenhowerms.org/viewform?formkey=dEJ1TEFZbVdxWlRHVk5fNEdqWEhGZFE6MA

No comments: